1st Line Support Helpdesk Apprentice
Looking for an IT candidate to join a highly skilled business and technology team that provide a broad spectrum of industry sector and technology vendor experience at your fingertips.
Sol-Tec was founded in 1992. We are based in the heart of the UK's 'Silicon Valley' in Reading, Berkshire. We are a Microsoft Gold Cloud Platform and Gold Cloud Productivity Partner. We are one of only eight Microsoft Express Route SI Partners in Europe (one of only 3 in the UK) and a Cloud Solutions Provider (Direct Model). We also deliver engagements on behalf of Microsoft under the Microsoft Consulting Service Framework (MCS).
- Receive and log calls on behalf of customers using our IT Service Management tools ensuring accurate data entry.
- To manage all incidents and customer requests from receipt to resolution and closure ensuring service level agreement targets are met.
- To complete the initial diagnosis of all incidents and either resolve to the customer's satisfaction using documented processes and procedures or escalate to Second Line Support or Application Support using agreed processes.
- Provide remote assistance over the phone and using remote support tools including VNC and Teamviewer.
- Reset passwords using agreed procedures to maintain system security.
- To complete routine systems administration tasks.
- Proactively keep customers informed throughout all stages of all processes by phone, email and detailed update on ticket system.
- Encourage and support customers to use self-service systems to log, update, chase and receive updates.
- Promote best practice and adherence to change management processes.
- To install or reinstall software as requested ensuring the correct authorisations have been acquired.
- To image or re-image computers using the deployment tools available.
- To receive alerts and monitor the availability and performance of ICT systems using tools including Whats Up Gold.
- Receive, review and update documentation
- Windows 7, 10
- Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Career Progression
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960409682