Senior DevOps Engineer - Greenfield ecommerce platform
Position: Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you sitting in your current role thinking that you need a new challenge? Or maybe you want to diversify your skillset and work with the latest technology.
The role of Senior DevOps Engineer is offering you the opportunity to do just that. The company we are working with are at the beginning of a greenfield project that will take around 2 years to fully complete.
But, first things first
The tech knowledge needed for the Senior DevOps Engineer?
- You will have experience running web applications on Linux Servers
- Strong knowledge of Linux, ideally CentOS
- You will have experience setting up different clusters for Nginx, IIS, Rabbit MQ and RethinkDB
- Ideally knowledgeable of AWS hosted environments
- You will have knowledge of Windows Server hosting .NET WCF and Web API's
- Build, scaling and monitoring solutions using (Zabbix, Splunk or similar)
- Continuous integration and source code management using Jenkins/ Git
As the Senior DevOps Engineer, you will take ownership of environments which are hosted on AWS using Ansible to deploy and configure them.
- The monitoring deployment and configuration of this solution will be your responsibility with the help and guidance of the Enterprise Architect.
- As the DevOps Engineer you will be tasked with automating the virtualised production environment
A new platform delivery is the core focus of the investment.
They have recruited over 30 people in the last 6 months and will continue this trend over the next 6-12 months by taking on a Senior DevOps Engineer in Manchester.
With over £15m invested into the business this is a genuine opportunity to join a business at the beginning of an interesting, industry forming project.
- The platform solution is RabbitMQ, .NET WCF and Web API focused
- You will work with DBA's, Frontend and Backend teams to deliver the platform
- This means you will need to have experience working with people with the skillset of MySQL, RethinkDB, React.JS, JS solutions
- The CMS will be built on Ruby on rails so will ideally like you to have had a previous focus on this area
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960410489