Accountant wanted for SJD Accountancy based in Edinburgh
An opportunity has arisen at SJD Accountancy the UK's largest specialist provider of fixed fee, Limited company accountancy services to contractors. We are currently looking for an Accountant with practice experience to be based at our Edinburgh city office.
With ongoing training and development SJD will provide you with the tools to develop your skills and to be the best in your chosen field offering you a clear career path into Senior Accountancy or Management.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To manage a portfolio of clients effectively and efficiently ensuring that the service we provide achieves the company and client expectations.
- The completion of year-end accounts, CT600, and Corporation Tax computations
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Co-ordination and management of payroll, VAT, and administration duties
- Meet statutory deadlines for VAT, Payroll, Statutory Accounts, Company and Personal
- Tax Returns
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Taking on and managing new clients
- Growing the business through referrals
- Offer bespoke accountancy, taxation and tax planning advice
- Advise clients in relation to IR35 and the associated implications of this legislation
- Respond to client enquiries in line with the company guarantee policy
- Manage the client relationship whilst building a strong rapport and developing client loyalty
- Support the team to continuously deliver the agreed level of service
- To undertake any other duties as requested by your line manager within the scope of the role.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Ideally a minimum of one examination passed towards your AAT qualification.
- Experience of working in an Accountancy Practice.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960411384