Do you have a huge passion for technology and enjoy troubleshooting and fixing issues? If so, then we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Working with our existing Linux support team, we are looking for an Engineer with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite along with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Helping with server setup, configuration and support
- Advising with client issues
- Developing new products
What skills do you need to have?
- Experience of Linux systems in a networking environment
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Experience building, installing and supporting Linux server(s). Ideally Red Hat/Debian based distributions
We’re more than happy to train an enthusiastic individual, but it would be desirable if you had the following:
- Experience of Linux systems administration in a hosting environment
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, FTP and Mail Servers
- Exposure to diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools
- Exposure to command line scripting
- Experience using Linux control panels, such as cPanel or Plesk
- Exposure to programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, HTML and SQL
- Qualification/certification to RHCT/RHCSA/LPIC-1 is desirable
This role will cover a shift pattern to include 5 days covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 between Monday-Sunday. Typically weekend shifts are on a 1 in 5 rotation. This role also covers night shifts, on a cover only basis to cover holidays and sickness.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
Put an application in today attached with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience for this role and one of our talent recruitment team will be in contact if you fit the criteria for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960411597