SQL DBA for the Optionis Group in Warrington
Here at the Optionis group we have a range of award winning accountancy and contractor support brands who are leaders in their field; all of the brands are web portal driven and IT is at the forefront of the business with constant investment and development in new technology.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that prides itself on it’s collaborative culture and desire to cross-train and explore cutting-edge technologies.
We are looking for a driven SQL Database Administrator to join an expanding team which houses .NET Developers, QA Analysts and Business Analysts. As a Database Administrator you will be responsible for the design, development and support of database, database integrations across multiple technologies and services to help solve our biggest business problems. Your key responsibilites will be:
- Work within a professional, dynamic and creative agile development team to support delivery of a major programme of change that will bring significant business benefit.
- Responsible for defining technical architecture including both logical data models and physical schema design, ensuring final database design supports the business requirements.
- Design, develop and maintain appropriately-scaled, effective solutions to support data migration and MI solutions using Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, Integration Services and related tools.
- Participate in the strategic planning and design of MI and business reporting capabilities.
- Perform database troubleshooting across a number of financial and payroll business systems.
- Produce high quality design documentation. Share and document system and domain knowledge to eliminate single points of failure.
- Provide accurate estimates of time and materials required to complete a piece of development work.
- Support the upgrade and maintenance of business applications.
- Optimisation and performance tuning of key queries.
The ideal SQL DBA will hold the following skills and competencies:
- Excellent working knowledge of the functionality and capability of MS SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the T-SQL programming language including the design and development of stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Experience with implementing and maintenance of MySQL databases.
- An understanding of Data Transformation Services and SSIS.
- Experience of data migration from legacy to new systems
- Analytical problem solver, capable of quickly getting to the root cause and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Effective communicator able to lead technical discussions and share domain knowledge.
- Self starter with excellent planning and organisational skills.
This is a challenging role on a team that will allow you to grow your skills across a wide range of technologies where your opinion and ideas will be heard.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960411245