Job title: IT Helpdesk-Specialist
Location : Stratford Upon Avon
The IT Helpdesk/Network Specialist will oversee the management of the company’s networks including all the notebooks, desktop-PCs, cables and support our technicians from Germany in the maintenance of the servers. They make sure that the overall network connection is running smoothly. They too configure and customize the terminals for any problems and ensure that it meets the company’s needs. They handle both the hardware and software connection. As an IT Helpdesk Specialist you would provide user support and customer service on company-supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Internal service provider and responsible contact person for our employees in the UK regarding all IT questions.
- Present solutions for systems improvements to the local management and the global IT department lead.
- Analyze existing processes, trouble shoot and develop ideas for process improvements.
- Responsible for the phone hotline in UK to support our employees.
- You will be responsible to support and maintain our operating systems and deploy images to terminal-systems as well as leading introduction training's for new employees to our IT systems.
- You will be responsible for the data backup as well as the IT inventory documentation.
- Support the team with creation of basic Excel formats, formulas, pivot table, macros.
- You have to be flexible and visit several Formel D locations in the UK to support our employees there.
- oral and written communication skills (in English and German)
- learning skills
- customer service orientation
- problem analysis • problem-solving
- team interaction
- planning and organizing
- attention to detail
- stress tolerance
IT/Network Specialist works in an office environment like any other computer professionals. Sometimes when they configure terminals, they need to work longer hours for a shorter period of time. Aside from maintaining the terminals, they can also install and update software and troubleshoot network problems. Once the network connection experiences some problems, the network managers must act quickly no matter what is the time in order to restore the network connection immediately. And moreover updating and maintaining the network can be done on an irregular schedule.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012R2
- Experience with Microsoft Networks, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012R2
- Experience in the network technology with common Hard- and Software products (Windows, Office Products, Cisco, etc.).
- German language skills would be a plus.
- Flexibility, Good Communication Skills, self-management, self-motivated, Service Provider moral, good team player.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960411480