To conceptualize and document technical and operational end to end solutions for solving business problems in banking and financial services BFS industry vertical that deliver value to the organisations.
Other Key Relationships: Practice SMEs, Domain SMEs, Delivery leads, Pre-Sales teams, Innovation teams
- Creation and ownership of the Solution architecture and design to business problem across technology and business domains.
- Conceptualise and define an end to end solution across technology domains/layers – user interface (presentation layer), data, business process, integration, application, infrastructure and security et al - Some of the end to end solutions might include COTS products
- Lead the specialist teams in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure (including cloud) and performance.
- Articulate solution options considered and rationale for the recommended option
- Articulate the non-functional aspects of the solution such as - stability, resilient, performance et al.
- Articulate and document assumptions for the solution design and validate with relevant stakeholders
- Review effort estimations and dependencies for solution design, development and maintenance
- Estimate cost, and prepare business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
- Work with the delivery and specialist teams to develop high level project schedule resource plans for implementation projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of organisation strategy and ability to design information systems to deliver the objectives
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Some experience of with working with senior stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritise and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
- Results oriented with ability to produce products that deliver organisational benefit
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Ability to develop solution architecture designs
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills including written, verbal, and technology illustrations
- Aptitude to quickly understand and incorporate new technologies
- Must be able to work independently in a multi stakeholder environment
- Experience working with multiple clients, projects and solutions simultaneously
- Knowledge of Enterprise and Solution Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years in a professional senior technical role such as technical lead, team lead, architect, or other hands on leadership role ideally for a major consultancy or system integrator.
- Ideally formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF) or formal qualifications in technology.
- Successful relevant experience within UK banking is mandatory. Additional Financial services experience is an advantage.
- Proficient in end to end software delivery lifecycle – agile and waterfall and knowledge of requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and rollout, maintenance and support
- Knowledge of the advanced and emerging technologies related to automation, artificial intelligence, devops, machine learning, data science, APIs, Blockchain et al
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960414008