Lead Solution Architect
Lead Solution Architect
Job ID: R-64564
Salary: Up to £80,000 + 12% annual bonus
At Aviva we are looking to transform the way in which we engage with our customers. Digital technology is key, and the adoption of agile methodologies is at the heart of our strategy. As Lead Solution Architect, you will be responsible for creation of end-to-end solution designs that drive this vision forward. You will also be part of a wider global architecture practice and will support, enhance and promote the process and delivery of architecture (and its value) across the organisation.
The role is expected to:
- Lead a team of solution architects to define end-to-end solutions for IT change programmes.
- Create end to end designs that are fit for purpose from a functional, non-functional, service, and security point of view.
- Deliver solutions that progress the overall architecture, align to Aviva’s IT Strategy and comply with standards.
- Drive improvement in design quality.
Key aspects of the role:
Solutions and Assurance:
- Lead creation of solutions and design for projects to meet Aviva’s standards for technology and ensure they meet our ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance.
- Perform early triage and shaping of IT initiatives to support investment decisions and initial delivery planning.
- Produce design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance to policies, standards and target architecture. Represent area of accountability in all appropriate broader governance bodies and processes.
- Responsible for the integrity of end-to-end solutions, including transition states used to achieve target state.
- Provide leadership on key designs to ensure the long term strategic goals of Aviva IT are met as well as short term project needs.
- Approval of design artefacts of team members.
- Perform design reviews on key areas of the existing IT estate in support of wider initiatives to improve service, security and reduce estate complexity.
- Ensure design artefacts are produced to support stakeholder group for service, security, architecture and engineering.
- Support and lead the business with innovative ideas to improve the service we give to our customers.
- Coach and mentor team members to achieve the required design and architectural outcomes.
- Manage a team of c.10 direct reports.
- Accountable for people management decisions including recruitment, setting objectives, performance management, recommending reward and/or bonus.
- Member of the Solution Architecture Leadership Team.
- Expected to maintain strong links to technical teams across Aviva to share learning and ensure sharing of best practice.
- Able and willing to bring through the next generation of talent either within or outside of the team.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Excellent design and architecture skills.
- Experience of turning strategic direction into deliverable E2E solutions that drive IT Architecture forward.
- Strong knowledge of end to end project lifecycle methodologies (mainly agile).
- Strong technical experience. This role requires broad experience with the ability to apply it across a variety of customer and business scenarios. Experience in cloud technologies is advantageous (esp Amazon Web Services).
- The role holder must care about technology and how to exploit it for the benefit of our customers.
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions.
- Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as managing current environment.
- Strong analytical capability and background.
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally.
- Strong personal impact and influence.
- Good stakeholder and relationship management at all levels.
- Experience of operating at senior management levels within Aviva.
- Leadership skills.
IT is the key enabler for Aviva to achieve its strategy. A really strong, innovative and forward looking IT function is the cornerstone of our challenge to disrupt the industry and fulfil our digital ambitions.
The pace of change here is fast. There are numerous opportunities to develop and implement new, innovative ways to support the business through brilliant technology solutions.
Come and join our team: you’ll have loads of opportunity for personal development, you’ll be well-supported by our leaders across IT whilst working on really interesting, challenging and innovative work.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960412307