Accounts Administrator - Colchester
Accounts Administrator - Colchester
MSXI are currently seeking an Accounts Administrator to work within our Colchester Head Office. The Accounts Administrator will work within the customer and supplier ledgers of our accounting system and help manage the billing, receipts and payment for the project activity, for a portfolio of our UK and non-UK Customers, including in Germany, India and Australia.
This role would be a great opportunity for an Accounts Junior, Ledger Clerk, Accounts Receivable, or Accounts Payable who is looking to make their next career move
Accounts administrator responsibilities:
- Manage the Sales and Supplier ledgers for customers that part pay their account
- Arrange partial payments of suppliers, and liaise with customer and suppliers in this regard
- Reconcile the AR and the AP ledgers, keeping track of detail, liaising with cashbook staff
- Use specialised invoicing tools (e.g. Tungsten) to satisfy customer needs
- Resolve outstanding issues to the satisfaction of customer and supplier
- Learn the periodic reports from the VMS tools that contain the data records.
- Learn how to use these VMS tools, and support the team with record corrections.
- Understand the data feeds and interface process, automatic or manual for various customers.
- Help with testing of the VMS tool when there are new releases and new functionality
- Liaison with colleagues and clients in Germany, UK and all around the world
Additional activities and duties:
- Assist across the department with invoice preparation to the Customers’ requirements, ensuring funds are received within the SLA, payment made to suppliers within the SLA. Manage the related supplier invoice records.
- Be aware of relevant parts of VAT legislation to ensure applied correctly to non-domestic suppliers and learn to field account queries beyond payment issues, review compliance.
- Support the Accounts Supervisor with planned projects for the automation & integration of specific data flows, and with the review and improvement of process as the department expands and new tools and needs are introduced.
Candidate specification, education and experience:
- 3 years’ experience in ledger duties or as an Accounts Assistant
- A general accounting qualification or experience is a plus
- Experience of sole responsibility for accurate accounting ledger work and reconciliation tasks
- Experience of working with data and in data analysis will be useful
Candidate skills and competencies:
- Analytical and strong administrator
- Accuracy and very good attention to detail, numerical personality
- Interested in problem solving and reconciling data
- Experience of communicating by phone and email and regarding problems and information
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and proactive personality with strong organization skills
Working environment / working hours:
- The Accounts Administrator will work in a team of five staff with similar objectives, and within a Colchester department of 20 staff.
- On offer is 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday). Alternatives can be considered
- Local working hours are 08.30-16.30 with 30 minutes for lunch. However, we can be flexible for team members, and also due to the international environment. There will be rare occasions where it may be requested to commence work an hour earlier (re India or Australia) or remain later (to overlap with the USA).
What we can offer you
- Salary of between £17,000 - £22,000 per annum depending on experience
- Other company benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- Company contributory pension plan
- Cash back health care scheme
- Life assurance
- Car salary exchange scheme
- Salary exchange childcare vouchers
MSXI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960414318