Technical Support Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Centiq, a market-leading company specialising in business analytics and cloud analytics, is looking for a Technical Support Specialist with an excellent knowledge of Linux and Cloud solutions (ideally Microsoft Azure) to join our team.
We have developed our own monitoring and management and methodology for real-time, in-memory applications and outcomes, specialising in services for SAP HANA and converged infrastructure, both in the Cloud and on-premise. We've facilitated these outcomes through designing, provisioning, supporting and optimising our customer’s solutions through performance and process analysis, interface development and data management strategies.
With services key to accelerating greater value in our customers’ digital transformations, we are a leading Microsoft Azure partner on SAP HANA and S4/HANA as well as working with AWS and Google services.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be part of an expert customer focused operational team. Our operational focus is supporting both Cloud and Enterprise Open Source large database systems running SAP HANA and S4/HANA. We also provide in-depth support in the design, provisioning and support of large Cloud-based solutions, securely integrated to existing application services.
About the Role:
- Providing support to a wide range of customers in relation to infrastructure, configuration and Cloud technologies
- Resolving customer issues, incidents and problems with business critical business processing and real-time analytic services
- Providing additional out of hours support on a rota based system
- Working on and supporting customer specific projects to enhance, growth, develop and accelerate a wide range of digital transformation projects through the design, provisioning, management and integration of new services
- Participate in their Agile company wide methodology as part of our Engineering Team to develop, enhance and deliver solutions to organisational problems and develop new products and services as well as maintaining existing internal systems
- Working with the Engineering team to identify and codify new Cloud solutions and automation technologies, primarily Azure, Linux, Ansible and Salt
- Performing customer optimisation checks, updates and maintenance to maximise the performance and availability of real-time analytics and data processing solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Expert level understanding of Linux
- In-depth understanding of Cloud solutions - ideally Microsoft Azure
- Ability to use distributed version control, in particular, git on social platforms like GitHub/GitLab
- Experience of using configuration management, preferably Ansible but alternatives are acceptable (CFEngine3, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc)
- Practical working knowledge of managing cloud-based infrastructure, desirably through “Infrastructure as Code” resource provisioning (eg. Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager)
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written forms are required.
- Friendly, considerate and supportive
- Good listener and able to understand problems and issues
- Experience of IT in large organisations ITIL practices, large networks, security and process
- Experienced with SuSE and RedHat
- Experience of backup technologies and virtualisation
- Experience of working within an agile development environment (ideally Kanban/Scrum) with strong collaboration skills
- Knowledge of Windows-based systems
- Degree or equivalent level qualification or an apprenticeship in IT Support
- Microsoft Azure certifications or qualifications
- Any Linux orientated certifications (LPIC, RHCE etc)
What’s on offer:
- Highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- Hugely supportive working environment with a dynamic culture and company
- Personal development, training and knowledge sharing from the COO downwards
- Flexible, diverse working environment which includes home working
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY now.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Technical Support Specialist, Technical Consultant, Linux, Azure, Cloud Engineer may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960413624