Robotics Software Engineer (C++ and Linux)
Job Title: Robotics Software Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Product Development
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Package: Salary + Performance Related Pay + Options Scheme
Location: London (Wandsworth)
Q-Bot is a high tech, high growth, international start-up, developing robotics and intelligent systems that will revolutionise the built environment. The company is looking to hire a talented Robotics Software Engineer, to join a rapidly growing multidisciplinary Product Development team to take responsibility for the software and control systems used by the company’s robots. The ideal candidate would have an Engineering or Computer Science degree combined with commercial experience in designing and building real time control systems using C/C++, knowledge of both low and high level environments (RTOS, and Linux), have strong maths and physics skills, be passionate about robotics, and a wish to develop solutions for real world applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to get involved with a high tech, high growth company and work within a creative and dynamic team. To make the most of this exciting opportunity Q-Bot is looking for someone who is ambitious, driven, and who will be motivated by seeing their efforts have a real and lasting impact. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an exciting, diverse, and demanding role which has many opportunities for career progression. Salary will depend on experience and the successful candidate will also be invited to take part in the Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP) and / or performance related pay.
Duties of the job:
- Leading the software development of the company’s robotic systems.
- Own the software road map and design of the software architecture to ensure modular development and use across multiple robotic platforms.
- Creating robotic control systems, including user interfaces, motion control, localisation, vision, mapping and automation routines, and their interface with hardware, sensors, drivers, or firmware.
- Identify technical requirements, put in place plans, manage projects and report on progress.
- Ensure the control systems meet performance requirements, are robust and reliable.
- Take responsibility for quality control, perform tests, problem diagnosis, and debugging.
- Visiting customer sites to understand stakeholder requirements and analyse performance in situ.
- Coach others and ensure good knowledge transfer, both within the team and across the business.
- A good degree in Control Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar.
- Relevant commercial work experience as a robotics, embedded or similar software engineer / architect.
- Experience developing real time control systems in a relevant industry such as robotics, automotive, aerospace, defence, or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and C/C++.
- Experience of successfully planning, managing, and delivering software projects to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
- Able to provide technical leadership and work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
- Application of Agile methods from customer functionality, breaking down into technical tasks, estimates etc.
- Experience with ROS, SLAM and / or robotic systems.
- Experience with microcontrollers and electronics.
- Knowledge of app development and experience creating user interfaces.
- Motivated and goal oriented.
- Shows initiative and diligence.
Q-Bot develops intelligent tools using robotics and AI that can inspect, monitor and maintain the health of our buildings.
The initial focus is the application of under floor insulation using a robotic device without the hassle and cost of traditional methods. The solutions developed by Q-Bot have a number of benefits:
- They empower operators, making them more efficient and productive.
- They allow easier, cheaper, safer, and more effective execution of tasks than was previously possible.
- They create buildings that are energy efficient, cheaper to run, and much more comfortable.
The company currently employs around 30 people in offices in London (Wandsworth) and Newcastle. Q-Bot is run by an experienced management team with an entrepreneurial track record, project management expertise and unique blend of robotics and building know how. Half the company’s employees are engineers with a Master of Science or Engineering degrees, have a PhD with a specialisation in robotics, while others are professionals with decades of practical experience in the construction sector and the processes employed there.
Q-Bot is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note: no recruitment agents, thank you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960408710