Bridge Design Engineer: Myanmar
Bridge Design Engineer: Myanmar (Burma)
The market leading infrastructure recruitment specialist is seeking an experienced Bridge Design Engineer for a short term 'hands on' design role in Myanmar (Burma).
My client is a leading consultancy firm who are requiring support for a recently awarded Rail project consisting of 70+ bridges. You would be working as part of an International team supporting the Team Leader and supported by local engineers during the design phase. This is a 4 month assignment to start in May however could present strong career and long term opportunities.
Responsibilities on the project:
- Supervise bridge surveys & bridge assessments,
- Preparation of design drawings including loading calculations,
- Prepare bills of quantities and specifications for such works.
- Designing a replacement bridge of 20m span including abutments etc.
- Designing a standard 20' (6m) replacement short span bridge slab or culvert;
- Assessing several lattice bridges that may need modification
- Assessment of the remaining approximately 70 bridges
Key requirements for the role:
- Strong Bridge Design experience
- Previous regional experience would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge of BS:5400 standards
The salary on offer is around $10,000 plus a expatriate package
Key Words / SEO
Roads, Bridge, Highways, Design Engineer, Detailed Design, Asia, South East Asia, Myanmar, Design Review, Consultancy, Donor Funded, World Bank WB, FIDIC
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
For more information on any senior Highway and Bridge jobs please contact Oliver Jones at ewi recruitment on ************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960414296