Service Desk Lead Engineer
Service Desk Lead Engineer
Location: Leeds City Centre
Salary: £27,000 per annum
About the company:
We're the UK's leading debt advice charity, with 1,500 colleagues, over 200,000 clients, and over £4.2 billion debt under management. For 25 years we've provided debt advice and a comprehensive range of practical and effective solutions to help over 2 million people get their finances in shape and their lives back on track.
The work the Charity does, and the people who work here, make for a truly rewarding environment. You're not just doing a job, you're making a genuine positive difference to people when they need it most.
We are embarking on a journey to transform and modernise our IT Services and ways of working through close collaboration and partnerships. We are achieving this by passionately embracing new technology and empowering multi-disciplined teams to deliver ambitious strategic objectives through creativity, innovation and forward thinking.
The role of the Service Desk Lead Engineer:
- Due to an internal promotion we're looking for a talented and passionate Service Desk Lead Engineer to join our team and coordinate the day to day delivery of Service Desk incident and request services.
- Acting as a technical lead within the team, you will be providing 2nd and 3rd line support across the charity. Utilising your range of technical knowledge as well as excellent customer service skills this will involve dealing with a broad variety of incidents and requests via phone/email/self-service and participating in project related activities as and when required.
- You'll work with the team to ensure SLA's are achieved through day to day workload management, identifying development opportunities and providing support and training to colleagues. As a Service Desk Lead Engineer, you'll have responsibility to deputise in the absence of our Service Desk Manager, acting as the point of escalation for Major Incident Management.
- You'll also be required to provide weekly workload and team performance stats to address any areas of concern or reward, therefore previous experience within this field is essential.
Requirements of the Service Desk Lead Engineer:
- Previous Service Desk Lead experience
- Knowledge of Active Directory, including Group Policies.
- Knowledge of Windows Server
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Windows desktop environment.
- Good understanding of network technology and trouble-shooting toolsets
- MCSA in Desktop OS (Desirable, but not essential)
Service Desk Lead Engineer Benefits:
- Generous holiday entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work
- Assisted study
- Contributory group personal pension plan
- Health cash plan
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Service Desk Lead Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960414178