Mechanical Design Engineer
I know have an exciting position for a mechanical structural engineer working for a automated material handling / logistics specialist. The Ideal candidate will have at least 2-4 years experience and be educated to degree level. The main tasks will be to Design of the mechanical aspects of material handling systems, to a given specification, within cost and time scale constraints, and to the customers' requirements
- To interpret project layout and specification into final design layout and conveyor data list, under the guidance of the lead engineer.
- To generate unit cycle times, system throughput, and general dimensional requirements.
- To provide system integration drawings and specifications.
- To give advance notice of materials required to Purchase Department.
- To create detailed drawings and parts lists for equipment within scope of supply.
- To specify details of any additional special conveyor elements or associated equipment.
- To create an installation file to pass on information to the site supervisor and installation team.
- To assist with system risk assessment (and unit risk assessment where necessary) in line with statutory requirements.
- To assist the documentation department to create Operating and Maintenance Instructions and spare parts lists as required.
Proactive Company Description
Automation division is a market leader in this specialist industry with outstanding relationships across the UK. Proactive's automation team successfully appoint professionals at varying levels of seniority, from hands on engineers through to Management and Director level appointments. With a dedicated team of specialist consultants, we have a successful track record with our clients, partnering with them to cover a wide range of skill sets.
Our focus is purely on the Automation sector - with a specific focus on the following markets:
- Automated warehousing
- Parcel & postal
- Machine building
- Water, waste management & recycling
- Theme Park
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Matthew Crate-Fox on ************* or submit your CV to **************************************. Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £100-500. *T&Cs apply
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960412443