Applications specialists with experience of 1 of the following, or similar applications: BMC Remedy (ITSM, CMDB) or Solarwinds, Netscout, Riverbed, CA Technologies
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS (National Roads Telecommunication Services), a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400 mile strategic road network. telent will take on the NRTS network in 2018 and provide an end-to-end managed service to build, maintain, and modernise the network.
The project is looking for candidates with several years post graduate experience who want to develop their careers in the areas of application strategy, architecture, configuration, deployment and support.
The role will give you the opportunity to put into practise the knowledge and skills you have acquired in a challenging and rewarding environment. You will be working in a team with experienced application architects who will develop, guide and support you in the role, together with the application vendors who will deploy the applications. The applications include network management, service management and document management. The scope of the role covers the whole lifecycle of applications from specification, vendor selection, configuration, testing and deployment through to support.
- Develop technical specifications, system architecture documentation and other relevant documentation
- Undertake application configuration
- Managing the unit, system and integration testing
- Providing support on applications, reports and interfaces
- Liaise with software vendors where necessary and apply or oversee relevant software updates and patches.
- Monitor performance and efficiency of applications and instigate modifications and improvements where necessary
- Provide advice to end users on how to operate the applications
- Resolve technical queries
- Provide application training as required
- Test new applications and upgrades
- Create and maintain the system documentation
What we are looking for from you:
- Two years post graduate experience in a software engineering, applications or computing environment
- Experience of working within a development/project environment.
- To demonstrate an active interest in keeping an upto date knowledge of applications and trechnology
- Creation of clear and concise technical specifications.
- A computing or technical degree, or equivalent experience
- A willingness to learn and apply new skills in a rapidly changing technological environment
- Excellent communication skills for completing documentation and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people
- An understanding of business processes and their role within an application environment
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
- General knowledge of IT infrastructure and application platforms and operating systems.
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960409482