Helpdesk Systems Administrator
Position: Helpdesk Systems Administrator
Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 base plus benefits
We are seeking a Helpdesk Systems Administrator to provide IT support within hosting and infrastructure services across our clients growing network of customers.
The Helpdesk Systems Administrator will represent the company in a professional manner and will be the first point of contact for all incidents and service requests from customers. You will be responsible for resolving and escalating incidents within a time manner through their ticketing system. Liaising with other teams, clients or suppliers on problems and inherent solutions, carrying out checks and system reports of any potential issues.
- Relevant experience in 1st Line & 2nd Line Technical Support skills including diagnosis and resolution of issues, providing remote support and troubleshooting on a very mixed range of issues.
- Excellent technical knowledge in; MS Windows Operating System 7/10, Server 2008 / 2012
- Knowledge of Active Directory. Hyper-V and SQL Server.
A basic understanding of the ITIL framework specifically relating to service management.
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical personnel.
- Good attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills
- You will have the desire to progress and learn new skills and technologies.
Desirable skills but not essential;
- Previous experience of website and application hosting very beneficial
- Working knowledge of RHEL/Centos and common Linux administration tasks.
- Basic scripting knowledge in PowerShell, BASH and Python or a strong desire to learn such skills.
- TCP/IP Networking skills including subnetting, routing and web-based protocols.
- Understanding of Firewall administration and reporting.
- Knowledge of common threats and vulnerabilities and the relevant mitigation tactics.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and successful IT organisation for someone who has a genuine interest in business, computers and technology and has a 'can do' attitude with strong focus on Customer Service.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960414568