Litigation Team Secretary
Legal Secretary/Audio Typist (Litigation Team)
Job Title: Legal Secretary/Audio Typist
Employment Basis: Full Time (9.00-5.30)
Supervisor: Office Manager
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To carry out audio and copy typing services within the litigation team in respect of letters, emails, reports and other documents to an acceptable standard using the firm’s computer network, word processing and forms production systems.
- To make copies of any enclosures to accompany such letters, and to pay in or make requisitions for cheques where appropriate. Also to scan any attachments to go with emails.
- To take all calls directed to the room in which you work, re-directing the caller, dealing with the enquiry personally, or taking a detailed written message as appropriate.
- To maintain your fee earner’s filing system in a neat and orderly manner.
- To organise, arrange meetings and appointments and check / maintain the diary of your fee earner.
- To open new files using the correct forms and procedure.
- To carry out conflict of interest checks for each new client.
- To make telephone calls as directed.
- To ensure that deadlines are met in the preparation of typed documents and otherwise as directed.
- To carry out various administrative duties normally associated with the position.
- To arrange hospitality/refreshment for fee earners and clients when requested.
- To assist other secretaries in respect of induction, training or workload wherever appropriate and when requested.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 12 months audio typing experience in personal injury or defendant insurance is essential
- Must be able to demonstrate at least a basic understanding conveyancing or litigation knowledge.
- Must be aware of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Must be polite, articulate and friendly towards all staff and third parties.
- A polite, articulate and friendly telephone manner.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good organisational skills.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960410853