Graduate/and Senior Product Designer
About the Company: Our client is successful manufacturing company, based on the outskirts of Derby who are looking for an Graduate/ and an experienced Product Designer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Key Responsibilities: Designing mass manufactured products for their industry using creative and analytical technical skills. Designing polymer base products using traditional and three dimensional CAD design methods.
- Researching current market and investigating into changes in the industry to highlight new product ideas and opportunities.
- Establishing briefs and write product design specifications for review.
- Concept design using traditional sketching/modelling and modern CAD and rapid prototyping methods.
- Development ideas into workable solutions use 3D CAD software, identifying suitable materials and manufacturing methods.
- Detailed design ready for manufacture, producing 2D technical Drawings from 3D CAD models.
- Evaluation and testing of models and final parts.
- Packaging design and writing of technical literature and fitting instructions.
- Assisting in technical support for other departments.
- Graduate or equivalent educated in a product design or engineering discipline.
- Ideally a good user of Pro Engineer although experience in other 3D CAD although, experienced use of other modelling packages would be considered.
- Competent IT skilled in general day today office environment.
- Understanding of Adobe Illustrator would be beneficial.
- Driving License Required.
What's in it for you? This is a permanent full time position working 39 hours per week Monday - Friday. Salary will be £18-20,000 P/A depending on experience. (Negotiable for the more experienced candidate.)
Interested to know more? My client is looking for someone to start ASAP so please send an up to date CV to ************************* or telephone ************ for further information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960413860