The Associates are looking for an infrastructure engineer with proven experience within the entire spectrum of desktop, telephony and server support. The role will see you work in a small technology team who cover a large range of technology and hardware. As such this role will allow you to build your infrastructure tool kit.
The 50% of the role is for you work across 1st line support and resolving hardware and software issues. This is predominantly done face to face with the user but can be remote. In effect you will process all incoming support calls allocated by the Infrastructure Manager and assist in the daily support and maintenance of users, desktops, infrastructure services and asset management.
In addition to the primary function you will also aid in the delivery of projects and ongoing maintanence of the Infrastructure estate. The duties here can include the server, operations and DevOps function of the team including cloud IaaS administration.
The Technical landscape and your skill set reqirements: (it is not expected that you will have all the technologies listed below)
Desktop support for hardware and software on all office machines.
- Access control management for user network, Office 365 and physical requirements.
- Office VOIP telephony support and administration.
- Server support of on-premise and AWS hosted test and production servers within the corporate domain including regular maintenance, event log checks, and general server support and standards. This will include file servers, domain controllers, product and application servers.
- Reviewing and maintaining the BaaS solution and testing.
- Administration of the Active Directory domain and users including Office 365 portal and user management.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate good technical understanding of the following areas: -
- Desktop support:
- Windows 10 Pro, macOS an advantage;
- Office 2013-2016 and Skype applications;
- All modern Internet browsers and security;
- Hardware and component troubleshooting and installation.
- Excellent troubleshooting and interaction skills. Must be approachable.
- MS Office 365 administration, process and portal management. SharePoint Online support and administration an advantage.
- Printer and print server support.
- Anti-Virus programs such as Trend Officescan or other.
- PC-disk cloning software such as Microsoft WDS or other, including experience with drive encryption software such as BitLocker and FileVault.
- Understanding of MS Dynamics CRM and Manage Engine Desktop Central an advantage.
Server and User Administration
- Windows Server 2012R2:
- Active Directory;
- Domain architecture and administration;
- User management;
- Share administration;
- Group policy administration.
- NTFS permissions.
- Active Directory;
- Understanding of IIS 8.5 (and above).
- PowerShell scripting skills an advantage.
- Backup technologies and management.
- Server build basics and disk configuration. Exposure and understanding of NAS/SAN arrays an advantage.
- Exposure to VMware ESXi and vCenter administration.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services administration and VPC design an advantage.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, routing and subnetting and IP troubleshooting.
Telephony Administration and Support
- Experience in supporting corporate SIP/VOIP IP based telephony solutions.
- Exposure to Swyxware an advantage.
- Experience in supporting mobile devices and security.
The ability to communicate effectively, an enquiring mind and a love for technology is what you will need to be effective in the role and to draw the maximum benefit for yourself from the position
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960413796