Care Assistant / Support Worker
Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support a range of clients in Swansea, Llanelli,Neath, Ammanford and the local surrounding towns of South Wales through our friendly local Swansea branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Role:
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced care assistants and support workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
If you share our values of protecting dignity, promoting well-being and working in a person-centred manner at all times, this could be the job for you.
You will be a permanent member of the healthcare team responsible for bringing the Newcross standard of care to every individual we care for. This is a flexible role and means you could be working for more than one home in the local area on a part time or full time basis, allowing the opportunity to tailor your rota to suit family and other commitments.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Competitive Salary up to £ 13.26, paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
To apply for this job, you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a mental health environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly desirable yet not essential
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Your Local Branch:
Newcross Healthcare's Swansea centre opened in 2012 and recently moved to new, bigger premises in Barquentine House on Quay West near Swansea city centre. Based close to the River Tawe at Quay West, the centre is just a short walk from Swansea train station.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.