Senior Legal Secretary - £22,000 - £26,000 - Sunderland
A Senior Legal Secretary is required to provide the full range of secretarial and administrative support to the Conveyancing Department at my Clients' Sunderland office.
- The Maintenance of instructing Fee Earner’s typing and filing.
- Checking of post, planned events and voicemail messages in fee earners absence, dealing with any routine matters in which they are competent
- Dealing with clients by telephone and/or in person;
- Dealing with queries where they are competent and taking messages etc where necessary.
- Client care.
- Reception duties as and when required
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
- Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures
- Any other duties which from time to time are reasonably required by the firm
The candidate will have -
- Proactive approach to day to day tasks
- Strong organisational skills
- Sound keyboard and audio typing skills are essential.
- Accuracy and an eye for attention to detail.
- Familiarisation with Microsoft Office advantageous but not essential.
- The ability to maintain files in an orderly manner.
- An efficient and courteous telephone manner.
- A strong commitment to client care.
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients/colleagues/ other solicitors/authorities and other organisations etc.
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment or in isolation on own initiative when required.
- Flexibility - although most secretaries work for a designated Fee Earner all must be willing to accept work from other Fee earners when circumstances dictate
In return the company offer scaled salary reviews which are banded therefore lots of opportunity to progress on to being a fee earner in the department if this progression is desired.
Please apply to Liz at TSR Legal