Company Profile This is your opportunity to join the UK’s Top IT Employer as an Apprentice Support Engineer. This company has been awarded the 'UK's Top IT Employer' award in 2009, 2010 & 2012 and is listed in the Top 100 Companies For Graduates To Work For in 2012/13.
The BSF Programme delivers a full Managed Service to a mix of new and existing schools. The programme will provide a service to mostly mainstream Schools but will also cover several Special and PRU institutions.
The service is managed from a core team of RM onsite support specialists including a Support Consultant and a team of School based Customer Support Engineers. An Operations Manager and a Service Delivery Manager hold overall responsibility for the service.
The Customer Support Engineer role is designed to support the delivery of Managed Services, working alongside technical resource based in the RM head offices. The role will require travel across School sites in the Contract, supporting the service where required.
Job Specification To represent RM on school sites, as and when required by the needs of the Service. To ensure that service delivery targets are achieved and a high quality of service is provided to each school by:
• Carry out reactive and proactive tasks on site to agreed procedures.
• Working with the Network Administrators from Central Managed Services and local Support Consultants
1.Carrying out routine network management tasks including daily backups, anti-virus checking and other housekeeping tasks; recording activity in weekly log - 15%
2.Respond to incidents logged by the customer, in an appropriate manner following written procedures - 30%
3.Progress all assigned service calls in job holder queue, highlighting to Team Leader any network and equipment failures which will fall outside of SLA.
Utilising RM Systems (SharePoint/Knowledge Library) to find information on how to resolve incidents - 30%
4.Following procedures - carry out hardware fault diagnosis, including the repair of IT systems, down to modular level - 5%
5.Ensure that all systems (RMi, Service Call, etc) used to carry out work activities are updated on a real time basis including the completion of detailed and accurate call notes. Following the communication and escalation steps as outlined in process documentation -15%
6.Ensure all customer change requests are appropriately logged and flagged to the Support Consultant - 5%
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Experience of supporting hardware.
• Demonstrates an interest in technology.
• Has studied to, or is part of a recognised apprenticeship scheme or equivalent school based qualifications.
• Ability to follow written procedures and diagnostic steps
• Good customer handling and inter-personal skills (some experience of working at a customer site would be helpful).
• Ability to understand overall objectives.
• The ability to work within an agreed plan.
• Confident to deliver information to customers and 3rd Party suppliers.
• Good time management and punctuality, manages own time with input from Team Leader.
• A flexible approach to out of hours working and multi location working, able to carry out ad hoc work outside of main role.
England - You must have at least 5 G.C.S.E Grades (C and above) or equivalent, Maths and English is a must.
Training to be provided:
England - Systems & Networking Level 3 Apprenticeship - | 3 modules in Microsoft Technical Associate | City and Guilds certificate in IT Systems and Principles | City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in IT Professional Competence
37.5 hours (Monday – Friday, 9 – 5:30)
About QA apprenticeships:
QA Apprenticeships is an Ofsted Outstanding provider of IT apprenticeships. 94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Multi-award winning – Apprenticeship Programme of the Year 2012 & 2013, Microsoft UK Partner of the Year 2013 Special Commendation – and the only UK apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas.
94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
Apply now for an apprenticeship with QA and begin your career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit us on our website: qa.com/apprenticeships
Closing date:March 31