Head of BI Urgent
A great opportunity for a Head of BI Managing a team of 12 to work for a Market leading company, based in London.
A highly critical role to the organisations growth plans moving forwards, this individual will be responsible for the BI technology department. Working with senior stakeholders across the business, you will provide support, subject matter expertise and guidance to all in your team.
As the Head of BI, you will be comfortable leading a business through a change process whilst simultaneously managing and developing a team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead, support and motivate the BI team; leading by example and driving continued momentum and energy
- Work closely with both senior business stakeholders and Technology sponsors across multiple work streams
- Continually review the BI organisation, governance and sponsorship, and resource needs
- Direct the BI roadmaps so they are in the correct sequence based upon dependencies (business, technology)
- Continue to Lead the end to end integration of our historic data sources into a unified data fabric while reviewing strategy for continued alignment with Business objectives and technology requirements
- Lead and validate the development of business cases for BI programmes of work, and sign-off prior to relevant Steer Co presentation
- Take ownership of the Operational and Programme budgets, identifying risks to planned budget and recommending mitigation actions
- Ensuring each project and the overall programmes is resourced appropriately with the correct experience, skills and roles
- Direct vendor management activities, ensuring that they are tightly controlled and that appropriate sign off and reviews are in place
- Support commercial discussions with outsourced vendors as required
- In conjunction with Operations and Architecture, manage the supporting BI technology stack.
- Communicate effectively with the senior management, Steering Group and stakeholders, translating technology speak to business terminology to promote business confidence and buy-in
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience in implementing and managing data warehouse technology including ETL Technology, SAP BW, Business Objects and others
- Strong grounding in Data Architecture and Meta data collection methods
- Extensive Management experience in a successful Dev Ops organisation
- Ability to deliver quick tactical solutions in alignment with strategic direction
- Proven track record of influencing senior level management and stakeholders
- Proven ability to build a sustainable team and Organisation
- Maintain business buy-in and adoption to the solution and BI Organisation
This is an excellent opportunity to grow within an innovative company.
My client is looking to recruit URGENTLY, please send your CV in Word format to be considered for this great opportunity.