Group Management Accountant
Due to their continued growth and expansion, this UK leading supplier of specialist building material is looking is looking to recruit a qualified Group Management Accountant.
Reporting directly to the Financial Director and managing a team of 5, the Group Management Accountant will be expected to produce timely, accurate management information for the Group, to consolidate budget and forecast/business plan information for the group, to perform key reconciliation tasks and to assist with year-end processes and statutory accounts preparation.
Group Management Accountant - Key Responsibilities:
- Produce the monthly consolidated management reports in line with the required timeframes provided by the Finance Director
- Review and analyse all inputs to the reports
- Provide variance analysis and commentary in support of the monthly reports as directed
- Provide ad-hoc management reports as required by Directors
- Continually adapt and improve management reports as agreed with the Finance Director
- Consolidate annual budget, including long term cash flow planning and rolling plan/forecast information for subsequent years
- Lead, develop and support the Accounts Manager in managing the rest of the Accounts team to produce accurate and timely data.
- Business analysis on specified areas from the Finance Director
- Other ad hoc duties as prescribed by the Finance Director or Managing Director to assist in achieving the Finance Department objectives
- Assist with the preparation of year end accounts, liaising with auditors as required
- Prepare annual statutory accounts
Group Management Accountant - Person Specification
- Qualified accountant from one of the CCAB-recognised Accountancy bodies or equivalent (ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc)
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a busy, progressive and tightly managed business, including monthly reporting, annual budget preparations, financial modelling, cash flow reporting and statutory accounts
- Extensive experience of computerised accounting systems
- Demonstrable experience of facilitating and implementing new accounts systems
- Highly proficient Microsoft Office user with the ability to develop and improve report formats in line with business needs
- Strong spreadsheet manipulation skills and aptitude for Excel work
Group Management Accountant - Remuneration & Benefits
- Discretionary bonus (paid twice a year)
- Contributory pension scheme
- 08.30 - 17.30 (one hour unpaid lunch)
- Fun and relaxed working environment
Fantastic working environment and great team of people to work with.