Bury St Edmunds
£19,000 to £25,000 per annum
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant/Bookkeeper to join our clients friendly Business Support Services team in Bury St Edmunds.
Within the last year our client has entered The Accountancy Age Top 50 for the first time and has been shortlisted for a number of professional awards including 'Mid Tier Firm of the Year’ at the 2017 British Accountancy Awards.
In this varied role, duties will be split between running multiple payrolls, bookkeeping, and preparing VAT returns for clients. Some of the bookkeeping duties may be carried out at clients’ premises so a full clean driving licence will be necessary.
The successful candidate:
- Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- May be qualified or part-qualified to AAT, and looking to utilise their significant experience in running payrolls to help deliver this vital service to our clients.
- Must have significant payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll processing.
- Will preferably have experience of bookkeeping preferably gained within a professional office environment and producing accounts to trial balance.
- Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office and SAGE Line 50.
- Will have previous experience of payroll systems and/or Sage packages.
- Should have a proven track record of working to deadlines, and have a positive approach to problem-solving and working in a small team.
- Must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Must have full UK driving licence.