SENIOR IT MANAGER
Our client is an International Banking that is looking to hire a Senior IT manager to join their team in London;
Management / General
- Within charter delegated by the Board ARCC to the BORC, take overall responsibility of day-to-day management of IT (Governance, Risk Management, Procedures, Systems, management of outsourced services, relationship with vendors/suppliers etc.)
- Ensure the Olympic Core Banking System, the proprietary ERP System (Fossil) and all 3rd party system production environments data is accurate and reliable and functions properly
- Ensure that all Core Banking System related processes (End of Day, Beginning of Day, etc.) are smoothly done
- Handle any escalated technical/user or complex vendor support issues
- Review all major IT incidents that relate to the Bank and the related proposed corrective actions
- Assist the COO and Group Head of Information Services in negotiating all outsourcing contracts with Group and IT related 3rd parties, including all relevant SLAs, OLAs and related SMART KPIs.
- Monthly tracking of these KPIs, agree on the corrective action with Group CIO and all relevant designated contacts for all other IT related outsourced contracts when required. If KPIs consistently not met, recommend termination of the outsourced contract and propose alternative arrangements (alternative vendor or taking functions in-house)
- Represents the Bank on all IT related project/system implementation etc. Oversees all project management risks and issues and is responsible towards BORC & ARCC for the realization of the IT projects' desired outcomes ensuring they align correctly with the stated IT Strategy
- Keep abreast of industry best practice for IT and make recommendations to BORC and ARCC
- Any other tasks as directed by the CEO and COO.
- Assist the COO and Group Head of Information Services in preparing the IT strategy for the Bank
- Produce and maintain the Bank's IT procedures
- Work with Risk Management to identify and eliminate or mitigate risks to IT Infrastructure and Services keeping these updated in the operational risk system
- Assist the Bank's Senior Management Team in producing and testing the Bank's Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans
- Manage and implement Disaster Recovery Plans, data replication, and backup solutions
- Ensure that all data centers and systems undergo at least yearly external audit and penetration testing of all systems affecting the Bank and review audit findings and test results and agree any required corrective actions with Group CIO or relevant 3rd party provider
- Explore industry best practice to IT operations and controls to be assessed by the Audit function
- Create and develop IT service management processes incl. 3rd party management and co-ordination
- Review Group IT Disaster Recovery Plan and ensure that this is tested at least yearly to the Bank's satisfaction, in line with the Bank's own BCP. Report the same to BORC and ARCC
- Develop, implement and maintain a full asset register for the Bank's IT assets
EDUCATION & TRAINING
An IT graduate or equivalent professional experience in the field of Computer Science.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 10 years' e
- experience working within a Technology orientated Financial Services / Transaction Processing customer-focused organization (Preferably a Payments Processing or FX Processing Group)
- Line management experience of a Service function - IT Service Desk, Incident Management, Service Management, Service Delivery, application development, Project Delivery
- Hands-on experience in implementing and support core banking packages (preferably Olympic)
- Good understanding of SDLC, ISO27001 standard and ITIL Framework
- Basic technical background in hardware platforms, software technologies and ideally Windows Server Technologies, Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Knowledge in Network Infrastructure, including LAN/WAN, firewalls, routers, data/voice communications, and connectivity
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, ISA, AD, VPN, TCP/IP, UDP , HTTP , FTP protocols
- Excellent monitoring and analysis skills for system performance and LANS/WANS security
- Basic knowledge of finance, accounting, banking and payments would be a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to higher levels of the organization (CEO; CIO, and Board)
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of UK regulatory environment from an IT perspective
- Strong written and verbal skills
INDEPENDENT ACTION & DECISION MAKING
- The job holder has to demonstrate an understanding of IT Systems and designing the architectures and methodologies required for running the IT Department and technology orientated Financial Services / Transaction Processing customer-focused organization (a Payments Processing or FX Processing Group).