Systems Analyst - software
Exceptional opportunity for a Software Systems Analyst to join a software company which specialises in financial systems, management information, systems integration and consultancy.
If you prove yourself, then there will be career progression and could see you gaining a senior position in a growing company, not necessarily in a support role but there will be different routes available to suit your desires and skills. As a Systems Analyst initially, your role will be to track incoming support incidents and small change requests in a helpdesk application. Investigate new incidents and provide initial response to client as well as liaising with internal team members and customers to understand requirements and to formulate appropriate solutions. You will create, test and deliver patch releases as required to resolve urgent issues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative organisation within insurance (Unique and vibrant sector).
With a significant presence within the London Insurance Market our client offers an exciting opportunity for a Systems Analyst to work within an organisation of high stature and admirable reputation. This client will provide all the support needed to ensure strong development of your skills without operating a micro-management culture; their environment is professional, friendly and approachable.
Type of person we are looking for
We are looking for self-starters who can hit the ground running, who are personable and professional, so they can liaise with clients and are keen to develop new skills. The ideal candidate has experience of a hands-on software support role. The role requires this person to understand and respond to requests for advice on system use, to deliver fixes to system issues in a responsive yet controlled manner and to deliver new system versions containing requested changes to functionality.
The ideal candidate will be organised, willing to take ownership for issues and be able to recognise and respond to client priorities. You will enjoy being part of a small team with a friendly culture working across a portfolio of clients.
Key responsibilities of the Systems Analyst
- Track incoming support incidents and small change requests in a helpdesk application
- Investigate new incidents and provide initial response to clients
- Liaise with internal team members and customers to understand requirements and to formulate appropriate solutions
- Create, test and deliver patch releases as required to resolve urgent issues
- Produce reports on call statuses and resolution rates from the call logging software
- Work with project managers to estimate and plan version upgrades containing requested changes
- Understand and plan environment requirements and use
- Experience of SQL is a must
- Educated to degree level
- Previous experience of working in a support role within a commercial software company or internal IT department is a must
- Experience of liaising with clients and stakeholders is a must
- Experience of SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and TFS is desirable
- Lloyd’s and London Market Insurance experience is essential
- Willingness to handle many priorities to different timelines and remain calm under pressure
- Strong logical, data manipulation and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to articulate concepts in both business and technical terms communicating to both system developers and system end users
- Ability to self-start and desire to drive issues through to resolution
- Willingness to learn the Insurance business process to better understand clients’ requirements
- Attention to detail, strong organisational skills and a drive to provide timely, accurate support to our clients is essential
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- Passionate and enthusiastic approach to your work and ability to interact well with others
Please apply to find out more information on the Systems Analyst opportunity.