Engineering Programme Manager
Engineering Programme Manager
Our client based on the Isle of Wight requires an Engineering Programme Manager.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
This role is responsible for the management and co-ordination of projects delivering new products to customer, regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Report to the Development Manager, providing regular feedback on progress of projects.
- Develop, execute and maintain Project Plans and Works Orders, detailing task descriptions, deliverables and programme schedules. Deliver and execute programmes with accountability for project performance.
- Responsible for the commercial, planning, scheduling, quality and technical success of assigned programmes.
- Co-ordinate design reviews and ensure that resultant actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Act as the primary interface with third party contributors, forging strong and effective stakeholder relationships.
- Be primary contact with customers for live projects. Manage and report on programme performance, ensuring lifecycle milestone communication with all stakeholders.
- Identify any changes to specification are done quickly, informing customer of cost and timeline implications.
- Liaise with Production Engineering ensuring all issues are dealt with and contractual obligations are met.
- Identify and resolve issues in conjunction with Operations, Production Engineering and Quality departments.
- Lead with responsibility and accountability utilising all resources as required. Employ a strategy of justifiable decision making, which takes into account cost and efficiency.
- Study, understand and adhere to the requirements of all COPS, Health and Safety, Environmental and HR Policies and Procedures.
- Continuously develop as a professional to ensure that skills, knowledge and experience are up to date and relevant
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and tasks within their level of skill and ability that may be required for the needs of the business.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum two years programme management experience
- Ability to multitask and manage/reprioritise a complex diary with multiple simultaneous activities
- A "can do" and "in this together" attitude and approach to work
- Working with new and innovative technology
- Ability to manage multiple project elements at the same time
- Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Be able to perform unsupervised on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Communication of complex technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good technical competence and understanding relating of general engineering
- Strong and effective people management skills.
- Persuasive, influential, able to motivate and get results positive results from people.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- The ability to draw workable and innovative solutions from diverse teams, acceptable to all stakeholders
- Have a "hands on", "lead from the front", inclusive approach to project management.
- HNC HND or Bachelor`s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- MS Project or PRINCE2 practitioner
- Aerospace/Defence experience