Accounts Assistant / Purchase Ledger Clerk
D3O - The Company
Hello, we are D3O, one of the UK’s most exciting and fastest growing engineering, design and technology businesses. We are a collective of engineers, chemists, product designers and industry experts who make pioneering shock protection products.
Our innovations are used around the world by soldiers, professional athletes, industrial workers and everyday people who take confidence in the versatility, design, style, comfort and superior performance that D3O products are renowned for. Our partners include some of the world’s best loved premium brands in a variety of categoriesfrom 3M and DuPont to Belstaff and Under Armour.
Since our days as a start-up in a university lab, we’ve been passionate about problem-solving, tireless in our pursuit of superior technology and inspired by the people who depend on our products. With truly end-to-end innovation capabilities, we work as a seamless extension of our partners’ businesses to accelerate progress and make remarkable things. Together, we spark momentum and create advantage. It’s a blueprint for how we do things around here, a formula for powerful value creation that we call the D3O effect.
We are looking for an adaptable and flexible person, with high levels of initiative to join our Finance team. You must have excellent IT skills, competent user of Sage 50 Accounts and the ability to organise effectively and be able to work quickly with a level head when under pressure.
- Raising Purchase Orders on Salesforce, ensuring PO requests have been duly approved before processing.
- Matching invoices to purchase orders, checking the correct product, quantities/prices and/or discounts.
- Querying any differences between invoices and PO’s from relevant person/supplier.
- Entering approved multi-currency purchase invoices on the ledger.
- Reconcile monthly supplier statements.
- Emailing remittances to the suppliers.
- Filing paid and unpaid invoices.
- Dealing with supplier queries and assisting with Supplier payments.
- General accounting and admin tasks.
- Assistance within department as required to cover holiday, sickness and peaks of activity. Any other duties arise, or as directed by your line manager.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Sales/Purchase Ledger
- Sales and Purchase Ledger: 2 years
- Sage 50 Accounts: 2 years
- Strong communication skills
- Good IT skills with regular use of Microsoft package
- Good GCSE Maths and English qualification as a minimum
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional approach and team player
- Ambitious and keen to develop career
- Must have right to work in the UK
Position immediately available
23 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
On site car parking
On site gym
Standard working hours, Mon-Fri, 8.30 - 17.30