Finance Officer / London Bridge
- To ensure all purchase invoices and expense claims are authorised and processed in the finance system (Sage) promptly and accurately.
- To raise sales invoices and requests for payment on a timely basis as required.
- To bank and accurately record monies receivable from trainees and other sources.
- To arrange accurate payment of bills by BACS.
- To offer support to the Director of Resources from time to time to provide additional information, analyses or other ad -hoc accounting duties.
- To assist with the production of function figures and statistics as required and draw the line manager's attention to trends and any anomalies.
- To provide information for the management of the credit control function.
- To support Finance Assistant.
- To carry out all aspects of work and tasks with professionalism and efficiency.
- To be willing to offer some flexibility in working hours from time to time if pressing deadlines demand it.
- To perform at all times to the standards set by the organisation, which may change from time to time.
- To work to individual and team/function deadlines.
- To re-prioritise tasks throughout the day according to organisational needs.
- To immediately draw the Director of Finance's attention to any problems or issues so as to enable an early resolution of these matters.
- To maintain systems in place and suggest improvements if appropriate.
- To assist with the development of new systems as agreed with the line manager.
- To bank, accurately record and reconcile monies receivable from trainees and other sources.
- To work closely with Finance Assistant and manager their workload
- To maintain and update in-house databases (CSDB/TSDB) on a day to day basis.
- To arrange the authorisation, accurate recording and prompt payment of bills.
- To provide reports as required within the given time frame, as instructed.
- To offer support to the Director of Resources from time to time to provide additional information, analyses or other ad -hoc accounting support.
- To share knowledge with new staff or existing staff as and when required.
- Any other reasonable task as instructed by the line manager or other senior staff.
The post holder will be accountable to the Director of Resources who is accountable to the CEO.
All levels of staff will have the ability and willingness to act up or down, as requested by the organisation, when the line manger or subordinate staff are absent, as agreed with the line manager in advance.
- Able to deal with high transaction volume whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Understanding of bookkeeping principles gained through experience or study.
- The appointee should ideally be at least AAT qualified, or ACCA/CIMA/ACA beginner
- Trustworthy with excellent references.
- Experience of handling cash transactions.
- Some experience of Sage Line 50 package.
- Knowledge of and confidence with Excel and Word packages.
- Excellent accounts skills, including use of computer systems.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work pro-actively and under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with attention to detail in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise in the face of conflicting demands on time.
- Ability to convey information accurately to managers and other staff as required.
- Ability to work within an organisational structure; to co-operate with its requirements and to participate in its life.
- Focused on providing accurate information promptly.
- Interest in continuing professional development.
- Commitment to further developing any personal IT skills as required.
- Willingness to work flexibly and make changes so that the role can meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Sensitivity to the charitable aims of the organisation
- A positive attitude to work and colleagues.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all levels.
- Interest in developing the IT and manual systems within the function.
- A commitment to providing a suitable and effective service that meets the needs of the Director of Resources and other staff.
Remuneration: £26,000.00 per annum pro - rata
Weekly Work Hours: 28 hours per week (over 5 days)
IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE THE RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, PLEASE APPLY TODAY!
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.