IT Support Technician
Our reputation for outstanding customer service and client satisfaction means we are adding to our successful and growing team based near Chichester with an amazing opportunity for an IT Support Technician. We excel in providing business to business IT support services and are proud to have an extensive client base throughout the southern counties alongside some national and international clients.
If you are interested in joining us you should know that exceptional customer service features high on our agenda, the key to success in this role will be a combination of your technical ability to actively resolving client issues along with your ability to remain calm, keeping the client fully informed of progress. Your ability to communicate effectively and discuss technical issues with non-technical IT users is therefore paramount.
You will need to be self-motivated, as the role is fast paced and demanding, and as you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of IT support issues, you must be technically competent and possess the ability to plan, organise and multi task, you must also have a high degree of accuracy.
This is an outstanding opportunity where the IT support services you deliver will make a real difference to our clients, you will benefit from working in a small team with security of a well-established growing business.
We value the importance of being reliable, accountable and are committed to delivering a friendly, quality service by operating with trust, integrity and ethics. We are working towards certification for ISO 27001:2013 (Information Security Management System) and ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System), knowledge of working within the framework of these systems would be beneficial, but not essential.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 29 days annual leave
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance plans
- Employee perks and discount scheme
- Use of Company Vehicles
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Responsible to: Technical Manager
Responsible for: No Direct Reports
The role of the IT Support Technician is to deliver a professional and exceptional level of customer service to our varied and growing client base, each with individual network set-ups and software requirements. Acting as part of a fast moving, dynamic and technically capable team responding to first and second line support requests via telephone, email, in person (for walk-in customers) and via on-site visits whilst continuously meeting customer service satisfaction and service delivery demands.
Key Responsibilities and Main Duties:
- Deliver a professional, friendly first-class customer service where clients are regularly kept informed, demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both technically and non-technically as appropriate.
- Maintain quality and accuracy throughout the service delivery.
- Responsible for receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving client issues within agreed time-scales.
- Promptly respond to inbound support calls, log reported incidents via the helpdesk system, accurately record the client details, nature of incident and level of urgency.
- Conduct analysis and implement fixes aiming to restore services to the client as soon as possible, ensure highest levels of communication with clients during and after resolution.
- Accountable for personal ticket queue, updates and the completion of associated tasks, following Aztec’s escalation policy.
- Upgrade different types of hardware and software with minimal impact to the client, ensure effective communication with clients throughout the process.
- Liaise with external suppliers, partners and third parties to resolve faults and repair of equipment.
- Carry out site visits and on-site troubleshooting as and when required.
- Commit to work through client issues from beginning to end, handover with effective notes and a detailed explanation of work undertaken.
- Be willing to attend training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology.
- Comply with relevant legislation, internal policies and procedures.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary, without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
Essential Education / Qualifications:
- GCSE or Equivalent with Grades A-C in English Language and Mathematics
- Full clean driving license
Desirable Education / Qualifications:
- CompTIA A+ (or equivalent)
- NVQ / BTEC Level 3 (or equivalent) in Customer Service
Essential Experience / Knowledge:
- Previous experience working in a customer service environment
- Previous experience working in an IT support role or helpdesk environment
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy
- Working knowledge of MS Windows and Apple OSX client Operating Systems as well as various desktop apps including MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of Server 2012 R2
Desirable Experience / Knowledge:
- Hyper V and Cluster Environments
- Encryption Technologies
- VoIP / 3CX
- Domain networks including Group Policy, AD, DNS and DHCP
Skills / Personal Attributes:
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi task, prioritise and manage work to deadlines and under pressure to meet SLA's
- Ability to remain calm and friendly, displaying a reassuring manner to clients and colleagues
- Demonstrates Aztec values; friendly, committed, reliable, accountable, quality, trust, integrity and ethical
- Excellent organisational ability and can prioritise workloads
- Ability to communicate professionally, face to face, in writing and on the phone, specifically when communicating technically to non technical clients