Supporter Services Administrator
Supporter Services Administrator
To support Income Generation and Marketing (IGM) activities through comprehensive, effective and efficient data administration including financial donation processing, recording supporter details and reporting results.
To provide a high standard of supporter care to The charities supporters, donors and volunteer fundraisers through a range of communication channels (eg written, email, web and telephone) to contribute to IGM’s fundraising objectives.
Key responsibilities: Supporter Services
- Provide courteous and prompt response to all enquiries from supporters and the general public.
- Stay up to date with the charity’s work, case for support for that work and current appeals.
- Ensure all inbound and outbound contact is recorded on the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Maintain a system for filing paper-based correspondence.
- Review, update and maintain standard responses to common supporter/public queries, using letter/email templates.
- Implement a FAQ sheet for all staff to use when answering supporter queries.
- Work closely with the fundraising team, in particular the Individual Giving Manager andFinance Officer, to ensure smooth running of administrative support processes.
- Amend and update existing supporter records as necessary and enter data for new supporters, ensuring that we record communication preferences and comply with all applicable legislation.
- Liaise with others in the fundraising team over database maintenance and alert them to any errors, anomalies or other issues.
Data processing, donation and new supporter information
- Process postal donations, including cheques and debit/credit card payments.
- Enter supporter and gift data onto the Raiser’s Edge database accurately, allocating gifts to the correct appeal or activity and ensuring Gift Aid declaration information is correct.
- Undertake some reconciliation tasks and administration of BACS payments.
- Undertake outbound calling to supporters as required.
- Thank/acknowledge donations in writing/by email according to current policies and procedures, personalising correspondence to individual donors, responding to specific queries/comments.
- Write and store all correspondence including thank you and bank confirmation letters and notifications of changes of address or Gift Aid status.
- As needed to check status of supporters’ regular and one-off donations and ensure the Raiser’s Edge database is up to date and accurate.
- Administration connected with regular giving including following up cancellations.
- Process card payment refunds.
- Demonstrable administrative experience, or customer service experience in another relevant role
- Strong IT skills, including basic troubleshooting and the ability to use MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook to a high level
- Excellent administrative, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent standard of written English
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive and effective working relationships
- Experience of working within a team providing administrative assistance to a number of individuals
- To display absolute discretion and have a good understanding of confidentiality issues
- Experience of data entry
- Experience of following financial processes
- The ability to learn and become knowledgeable about a wide range of fundraising streams
- A genuine interest in fundraising and a willingness to support the team increase its voluntary income
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills
- A full, clean UK driving licence and use of car for work purposes
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to work out of normal office hours and at weekends when necessary