Duty Operations Manager, Broadcast
Duty Operations Manager, Media, MAM, VoD, OTT
Our client is a well-known global media company that specialise in Broadcast Management systems - ranging from Ingest, Encode, Transcode, Post Production and Distribution.
They provide major content owners, media companies and studios with innovative, software defined, cloud-based media logistics and distribution services that drive the future of next generation entertainment. Their services span media management, versioning and compliance, access services production, archive restoration & digitization, post production, content aggregation, sales fulfilment, VOD asset creation & delivery and multi-platform channel playout - meshed with extensive distribution on IP, fibre and satellite.
Duty Operations Managers (DOMs) are the senior member of operations staff present onsite 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They are the first point of contact for staff and clients, particularly out of office hours, and are accountable for triaging major incidents and escalations, resolving or escalating as appropriate. DOMs provide leadership for all departments on shift, making sure the operation runs smoothly for all customers’ services at all times, providing a swift and professional response at any time of day.
- To maintain standard operating procedures including training guides, disaster recovery procedures, contact lists and operational documentation.
- To record and organise client documentation systematically so it is secure but accessible to suitably permissioned users.
- To answer and respond to enquiries by telephone, email or in person from customers, staff and third parties, providing a 24x7x365 professional shift leadership service, representing TVT Media appropriately at all times.
- To triage incidents, outages and escalations, making informed judgements about whether to resolve or escalate. To follow pre-agreed procedures if appropriate. Alternatively, to use expertise and critical judgement of the information available to decide upon and effectively communicate a different course of action. The types of issues arising are infinitely varied and may include fire alarms, power or equipment faults or failures, customer schedule changes requiring immediate reprioritisation, staff sickness requiring cover to be found amongst others.
- To be accountable for decisions made, keeping contemporaneous logs of all information, communications and decisions.
- To ensure detailed handover notes are always available for the next DOM on duty.
- To liaise during each shift with other departments in all geographies to ensure a complete and consistent view is available at all times, and that where business continuity or disaster recovery procedures require other geographies to take over, they are ready to do so.
- To trigger or enact business continuity or disaster recovery procedures, including notifying members of TVT Media’s leadership team, coordinating other TVT Media teams and communicating internally and to customers as appropriate.
- To maintain regular housekeeping and testing of all relevant systems & procedures, according to current standard operating procedures
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, customers and third parties at all levels, supporting others. To demonstrate excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence with others.
- To ensure all content and data security procedures are followed at all times to ensure the confidentiality of our customers’ content. To escalate immediately according to TVT Media procedures should any risk or exception be identified.
- To take responsibility for health and safety of the team on shift in the building where the DOM is located, resolving, reporting or taking any other action as appropriate.
Experience, knowledge & skills required
- Previous experience in shift leadership type operational role is essential
- Evidence of training in basic shift leadership skills is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a mission critical Media / Television / On Demand / VoD / OTT organisation is essential (training will be provided on specific systems).
- Previous experience in media companies and dealing with confidential, high value broadcast files for transmission deadlines is highly desirable, particularly public service broadcasters and similar tier 1 organisations.
- Experience of working with software workflow orchestration tools and media asset management systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of the media/television industry and consumer content consumption trends and innovations is desirable.
- Start date is May ending 31st October - potential for a permanent role.
- Shift pattern 24/7/365