Solicitor / Associate
For DWF's award winning, high profile National commercial litigation team, we are seeking to recruit a motivated Solicitor / Associate who will assist the wider specialist team nationally. Our teams are Band 1 rated in Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham.
The Commercial Litigation team provides commercial advice to clients who need to resolve a wide variety of disputes with an emphasis on companies and company law, either through litigation or Alternative Dispute Resolution. The cases span a wide ranging spectrum of general commercial and corporate disputes and sector specific work including international and cross-border litigation, Intellectual Property, shareholder disputes, data, information and confidentiality, professional negligence claims, injunctions and arbitration (including international) etc.
We differentiate ourselves through our commercial strategy, exceptional client service by the whole team and entrepreneurial approaches to pricing. We offer a multi-disciplinary disputes team of diverse sector specialists and experts for all types of contentious work.
Leveraging off DWF's connected Services Business we continue to explore and provide cutting edge solutions to the litigation process for our clients with an emphasis on technology solutions.
We can offer access to high-quality work from clients operating across a variety of sectors including telecoms, well known high street retailers and leading industry brands. We offer direct client contact and look to our solicitors to win the trust of these clients by focusing on excellence in client delivery.
We provide a supportive and collegiate working environment within a well-established Commercial Litigation practice. Our assistants and partners work on "flat" structure which concentrates on getting the right people on the right cases at the right time, not on mini teams working exclusively together in silos. This includes working nationally and internationally which includes significant opportunity for international travel if the candidates are interested on a short and medium term secondment basis.
Unlike many firms, our team is genuinely a "trials" team with significant experience of running high value highly complex cases to trial (not just part way the through the process).
We will look at candidates who have upwards of 2 years' qualified experience (up to 5yrs PQE) and offer genuine opportunities for career development. The nature of our clients means we need a Solicitor who can grasp difficult issues quickly and are prepared to think laterally.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of company issues, corporate law, litigation processes and ADR. They will have experience of resolving disputes for large local and large national companies and will be able to demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and application and the ability to deliver excellent results and client service for clients within required time frames.
Responsible to: Partner
Liaison with: Partners, Associates, Solicitors, Paralegals & wider team
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements (where applicable) and best practice, demonstrably applying technical/professional knowledge and expertise to provide clear, accurate and commercial direction to clients.
- Reliably display sound technical and professional judgement including the ability to analyse risk and justify decisions to clients internally and externally.
- Demonstrate DWF Values through behaviour.
- Consistently provide an excellent level of service to internal and external clients.
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks, support growth and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s strategy, sectors, products, service lines and opportunities for growth/referrals.
- Prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices and proactively support innovation and improvement.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year.
- Contribute to team financial performance (sales, recovery rate, chargeable hours, lock up and disbursements) in line with team business plan.
- Understand individual role in the context of the Practice Area/Practice Group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge.
- Raise individual profile and that of DWF LLP through coverage in the legal press and DWF promotional material.
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
We will make reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best. Please contact the DWF Recruitment team and tell us what adjustments you need either to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview. We are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
Solicitor / Associate