We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
Champion the planning process and standards across the directorate; being a key focal point for planning in the Major Projects Directorate; establishing, embedding and maintaining the consolidated Portfolio Master Integrated Plan (MIP); contributing to the development of directorate planning policies and procedures; and providing planning guidance to programme planning managers.
Day to Day:
- As the Subject Matter Expert develop and embed the directorate planning policy and undertake reviews to ensure effective schedule management processes are being implemented.
- Provide advice and guidance to the programme planners in the application of the policy; ensure that the process is understood and fully utilised.
- Manage the planning system (Primavera) as the central point of contact for Major Projects. This will include ensuring the system configuration remains relevant to business needs; provide support and guidance on appropriate system use and monitor and rectify non-compliance.
- Work closely with the P6 administrator to ensure access to EPS is compliant within the HE P6 manual.
- Ensure the interfaces between planning processes and policies to other aspects of the business are in place and reviewed as required.
- Facilitate planning workshops where required to ensure sharing of best practice and consistent application of the policy.
- Look across the Portfolio as a whole and assist the programme teams to identify anomalies in their plans and identify opportunities through inter-programme and inter-project co-operation and synergy.
- Proven experience of analysing and reporting on multiple schedules including understanding critical dependencies and identifying anomalies at a programme or portfolio level
- Proven experience of implementing best in class planning management processes and developing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Proven experience of dealing with interface issues including dealing with IT P6 support.
- Proven experience of working in a complex programme and project environment
- Proven experience of training and / or coaching others to develop and put into practice planning knowledge and skills
- Proven track record of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
- Experienced Primavera P6 Practitioner
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/