Tax Senior / Assistant Manager : Private Client / Personal Tax
Blackwaters are recruiting:
Polished Independent Chartered Accountants, based in a very prosperous area, the firm focus on high quality clients. The firm is doing extremely well, growing fast, hitting £2m t/o, with plenty of new business referrals giving great potential for further growth.
Recent Investors in People accreditation gave overwhelmingly positive feedback from staff, who enjoy working with the firm. The firm have a great track-record for career development, with all Partners joining the firm at non-Partner level. Client & staff retention is superb.
This medium-sized Independent's Personal Tax Department is similar to a larger firm's Private Client department in terms of high quality work; the firm doesn't have very small contractor or one/two man businesses & any Directors of this type are dealt with elsewhere in the firm.
Consequently clients dealt with in the Personal Tax Department are HNW individuals, senior high- earning executives, clients with multiple property interests generating plenty of advisory issues, including EIS, VCT, CGT e.t.c.
- Manage a portfolio of private tax clients and their day to day tax compliance affairs
- Build good rapport with the clients, with a clear understanding of client expectations whilst achieving exceptional levels of client service
- Preparation of tax returns and computations within agreed time-scales; ensuring the efficient and risk managed delivery of compliance work in accordance with the firms quality control procedures
- Producing routine correspondence in connection with client’s taxation affairs
- Review PAYE coding notices, HMRC statements of account, penalty, interest and surcharge notices, basic national insurance matters and payments on account and advise clients
- Capable of producing a well-supported piece of technical research for review by managers and partners
- Coaching junior members of staff and reviewing basic compliance work completed by them
- Assisting with enquiries raised by HMRC
The most important attribute for candidates is solid personal tax private client tax experience; ATT and/or CTA qualification would be preferrable but is not essential.
Established Seniors or Supervisors/Assistant Managers are welcome applicants.
Very competitive salary. Discretionary bonus. Contributory pension. Free parking.
Study support, if applicable.
Blackwaters contact: Mark Noades.