The Just Group is a FTSE-listed specialist UK based financial services company. We have 3 offices in the UK, they are located in London, Reigate and Belfast.
We’re a new kind of retirement company. But we have decades of experience helping people to prepare for retirement and protect their income in later life, and our customers are the focus of everything that we do.
We combine the strengths of two leading retirement providers, each with their own expertise: the Partnership Assurance Group and the Just Retirement Group.
The role of the Quality Assessor is to provide a Quality Assurance service ensuring that 'best advice’ and 'best practice’ are adopted in direct sales to customers (via both field and telephone based advice) and in all areas of the company’s procedures and processes.
We currently review 100% of all direct to customer sales including Equity Release, Care Funding and Retirement recommendations.
The role purpose will be achieved through the identification and reporting of risk within HUB and by collating MI to help meet the company’s TCF principles. In addition, to understand and respond effectively to ever changing needs of all customers; reviewing and recommending improvements to the systems and controls that are in place to ensure both internal and external customers are treated fairly. There will also be elements of supporting the Group Compliance and Group Internal Audit division as a whole.
1. To review an agreed number of customer files per day, and record the results of the assessment in line with QA processes and procedures.
2. To escalate to the QA and T&C Oversight Manager areas of systematic weakness where additional resources will need to be allocated.
3. To document and communicate remedial action where risk has been identified by upholding and maintaining standards, including the Best Practice Manual and Suitability Letter Builder.
4. To undertake any project work as required by the QA and T&C Oversight Manager.
- Develop, maintain and document appropriate monitoring systems and written procedures which facilitate the early communication of risk identification.
- Contribute towards report writing, collating MI, T&C and other Compliance projects / work for the wider department as and when required.
- Work with all levels of staff within, and outside of, HUB to develop, test and implement new systems / procedures and practices (and changes to those that already exist) to effectively support current regulatory and procedural requirements.
- To undertake any project work as required by the Group Compliance Senior Management Team.
Skills and Knowledge
• Essential - CII CF1 qualification (or equivalent) - required before starting the role.
• Desirable - Financial Services QCF level 3 and 4 qualifications (or equivalent).
- Possessing an attention to detail with a focused commitment to achieving quality.
- You should be thorough, organised, precise and enjoy challenging situations, whilst having the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- You should be logical, systematic, adaptable and a self-starter, with the ability to research and gather facts, working to clear guidelines and company standards.
- Previous experience within a Verification and / or Compliance Unit would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in Pensions Review and / or as a Technical Consultant / Financial Adviser / Para-planner / Complaint investigation would be beneficial.
Our Head office is based in the market town of Reigate in Surrey. We are easily accessible with public transport, with direct train links from London and only 2 miles from the M25.