Accounts Assistant Study Support
Our client based in near to Richmond is seeking a junior accountant to join their small and friendly team.
The role involves working as part of a small accounts team, helping with general administrative tasks as well as getting involved in basic accounting activities
As a team everyone in the finance department assists in reaching common targets and goals to serve the needs of the business, and there is a general requirement to cover colleagues in other areas to help deal with peaks of work and to cover for holiday times etc.
Key responsibilities of this role are;
- Ensuring that all paper and electronic files are kept up to date, including scanning paper records to create electronic copies.
- Undertaking other general administrative tasks as directed by the Financial Accountant which will assist the smooth and efficient running of the department.
- Assisting with sales ledger entry and processing.
- Assisting with purchase ledger entry and processing.
- Undertaking some aspects of credit control activities.
- Actively contribute to team meetings.
- Undertake any other duties and tasks which are reasonably required by management.
- Must have good administration and organisational skills.
- Good clear spoken and accurate written English skills.
- Must have a high level of computer literacy using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of using ERP systems would be an advantage.
- Must work accurately with consistent attention to detail.
- Must be able to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Must be a positive and friendly team player, but also able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player, with a "can-do" attitude who is happy to assist colleagues and "pitch-in" to get the job done.
- Needs to be keen and able to learn accounting and finance skills, and able to put learning to practical use efficiently.
- Previous experience of working in commercial finance team would be an advantage.
- Circa £18,000 per annum depending on experience
- Study Support
- up to 10% bonus per annum,
- private health insurance,
- pension scheme with up to 10% contribution matching,
- 25 days holiday per annum plus public holidays
Thank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.
If you have not heard after 5 working days, then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion.