Principal, Product Management - International Payments
The position manages the strategic direction, corporate-wide profitability and product enhancements that support the Treasury Services initiative in expanding the global development of GBP payments. It is responsible for the management of Treasury Services GBP payment solutions within Global payments with a global focus. The role both leads and manages product development, product delivery, vision and strategy, pricing and coordination.
Position works closely with the Treasury Services Senior Leadership Management team and Market Management as they set the strategic direction of the business and manages total product revenues of less than $50MM. The role demands the coordination and direction for the Sales, Service, Onboarding, Technology, Operations, Legal, Risk, and Finance teams that support the development, distribution, servicing, and financials for GBP regional suite of products
Roles and Responsibilities
The Treasury Services Principal Product Manager is an individual contributor, managing new product development, product enhancements, product delivery, market strategy, pricing, in collaboration with the Treasury Services Sales & Relationship Officers, Risk, Compliance & Legal, Operations and Technology. This position will directly manage the product pricing and profitability of most complex and challenging products and product tasks regionally and/or globally in the complex regulatory environment for cash management.
The Principal Product Manager, working in concert with sales and relationship officers, will support calling efforts with presentations and as subject matter experts to close deals as needed.
With minimum oversight from the Product Line Manager, the incumbent will be directly responsible for the management of the overall revenue and profitability goals for their assigned products.
Analyzes complex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than one product. Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen. Responsible for crafting the strategies behind product development and delivery.
Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability. Seen as a firm expert on a key product or product portfolio of strategic importance to the firm. Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics. Oversees pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators. Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages. Works with sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and close on deals as needed. May also be responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for assigned products along with capital and operating budgets.
He/She will indirectly manage, mentor and coach product managers and associates and Treasury Services sales/relationship officers.
• Support the global expansion and development of the GBP Payemtns Product suite
• Support the global payments digitization strategy and deliverables
• Define and deliver execution of Treasury Services GBP Paymetns globally
• Maximize product offering based on the availability of a new global payment platform and related infrastructure, driving maximize business growth and new revenues associated with said platform investment
• Coordinate with peers and global payments product management leadership to seamlessly package current RTGS EUR, USD and GBP clearing services and other USD clearing services.
• Working closely with clients, prospects, and BNY Mellon’s sales force to understand customer needs and to identify and prioritize emerging marketplace trends
• Working closely with Marketing and Sales to rollout new products and enhancements and implementing our overall FX & FCA strategyQualifications
• Strong experience in driving and managing a global payments solution
• Deep industry knowledge or experience with global correspondent banking
• Experience managing, communicating various payment requirements, regualtions and restrictions.
• Excellent communication skills, experience leading change and inspiring teams and stakeholder groups towards the provision of superior client experience.
• Strong assimilation skills dealing with multi-variable projects, able to work independently under pressure of competing deadlines
• Strong business planning skills and project management experience
• Demonstrated analytic, financial and market planning and consultative selling skills.
• Proven leadership skills in complex, matrix organizations with strong influencing & collaboration skills
• Experience in directing Information Technology and Operations from a strategic perspective
• A track record of building strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders
• Strong understanding of the global payments markets and infrastructure
• MBA (preferred) or BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Marketing or Mathematics
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Customer/Client Service
Internal Jobcode: 70236
Organization: TS Product-HR07027
Requisition Number: 1803595