Back Office (Settlements) Assistant
Back Office Assistant (Settlements)
We are a rapidly growing Foreign Exchange Brokerage Group looking to double in size over the next three years. We pride ourselves on our service offering, not only in terms of our products but also our customer service. We are a debt free and entrepreneurial company which has had the business model in place to ensure continued growth.
We are seeking an experienced Back Office Assistant to join our customer-focused Payments team.
The responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- All funds in: Manual exercise to download statements and feed them into the internal CRM
- Sorting out bank reconciliations on a daily basis
- Handling unallocated funds - Liaising externally with the banks to get information of transfers coming in without any references; allocating the funds to the relevant client and then subsequently allocating the funds to a contract; running a daily report for both our Corporate and Private Client Businesses showing all unallocated funds.
- Liaising internally with our Corporate and Private Client Businesses- answering queries / advising of funds received
- Filing the daily bank statements in an orderly manner. Labelling the files and keeping them ready for the next external audit.
- Supporting the finance function with capturing invoices and other data capture requirements
- At times, may be required to first - approve transfers
- Any other ad-hoc application as and when necessary
In order to be considered you must:
- Have excellent attention to detail and a methodical attitude to work
- Be able to work to important deadlines
- Have an organised and accurate work ethic
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in any of the following: Inputting/processing/authorizing payments, standing orders, reconciliations and Inward cheque clearing
- Have SWIFT, Chaps and BACS payments processing experience
- Be flexible and a strong team-player
The role is based in Hammersmith, West London.
We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.