Investment Operations Officer
Our client is an International Banking that is looking to hire an Investment Operations Officer to join their team at Northwich office;
Taking on the role of an Investment Operations Officer in their Northwich Office you will be part of a high-performing team. They are looking for an individual who wants a challenge, is looking to work in a treasury back office environment and has proven experience of managing people.
Continuous Learning and Development is facilitated through the provision of internal and external training, mentoring and coaching which enables the development of their staff to be world-class professionals. Their Investment Operations' Department's diverse workforce promotes high team spirit and loyalty to a shared vision, which not only increases employee morale but also improves employee engagement.
The successful candidate will act as a lead point of contact carrying out a broad range of responsibilities to meet the diverse nature of work within an Investment area of an international bank. This includes performing payment authorization, control of cash management, managing team processes, training and mentoring other staff and building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
The role is full time and will report to the Treasury and Asset Management Operations Manager. The role requires a high level of expertise in stockbroking & wealth management. It involves:
- Working within a small team, providing back-office support; liaising with our Custodians and the Front office to ensure all administrative functions are processed in accordance with drafted procedures.
- The setting up of new customer accounts who wish to invest in securities.
- The monitoring and posting of cash deposits and withdrawals together with cash reconciliations.
- The processing of all Corporate Action Events including Dividend and Interest calculations.
- The upkeep of customer's portfolios and pricing checks to ensure accurate records are maintained at all times.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure effective settlement of all cash and stock transactions.
- Processing Quarterly Reports to all clients and completing monthly internal reporting.
- Someone with a keen eye for detail and accurate and timely data inputting and administration;
- The ability to work under your own initiative and to strict deadlines;
- Meticulous and Good team player and able to work on own initiative;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrate and apply a working knowledge of risk management concepts and techniques to identify potential business risk areas.
Why work in Investment Operations?
A role within Investment Operations is extremely varied and provides the opportunity for a challenging position within a growing area of the Bank. The team works within a heavily regulated environment and is responsible for providing a bespoke service to the Banks private banking clients, including the administration of all of the investments and client portfolio's, customer payments, reconciliations and providing strong support to the front office staff.
- Communication: Appropriate written/verbal communication to effectively carry out role.
- Team Working: Collaboration with own team and other employees.
- Results Focus: Drive to achieve objectives/results.
- Personal Effectiveness: Organising self/teams to meet agreed on deadlines.
- Coaching/Mentoring: Taking time to develop and support colleagues.
- Influencing/Persuading: Ability to obtain agreement and cooperation through consensus.
This exciting opportunity is supported with an attractive reward package