IT Support Technician / Desktop
IT Support Technician required for my client based in Luton for a permanent role paying £25k plus £2k on call.
This would be 1 week in 5 and would require you to be on 24/7 support (you receive extra money for resolving issues)
As part of the role you will be required to out repairs and tasks that maintain the correct operation of systems provided by the IT team. You will be the first point of contact with end users reporting faults and requesting IT support.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure that IT issues & faults reported to the IT team are resolved in the shortest possible time, meeting the department’s service level targets.
- To update ServiceDesk calls with progress notes, detailing progress on the task for both the end user and other team members. Communicate with all relevant parties affected by any task in a timely, professional manner.
- Resolve complex hardware / software problems including printing issues or email provisions.
- Provide support for MS Office 2010 & 2016 and future versions.
- Perform Installations, configurations, setting up of workstations and mobile devices.
- Build & deploy new desktop / laptop / server / network equipment to the corporate environment, and carry out evaluations of new equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- The ability to investigate and trouble-shoot a wide range of technical problems, including computer equipment, software and network faults. A methodical problem-solver with a desire and aptitude for learning new skills. Patience, resourcefulness and a desire to help.
- Contribute to IT department’s delivery of SLAs and other support targets.
- Self-motivated to advance own knowledge & gain formal qualifications.
- Good working knowledge of server & desktop operating systems, CompTIA A-plus / Network-plus or equivalent qualifications covering computer servicing / maintenance and trouble-shooting
- Credible knowledge/experience in Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Office suite 2012/2016.
- Credible knowledge of networking TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN & Exchange Server
- Credible knowledge/experience of supporting Active Directory, Group policies, DNS, DHCP and Exchange Server.
- Field Service technical support experience in complex and diverse IT environments.
- Good working knowledge of telecommunication, CCTV and radio systems.
- Full & clean driving licence, all relevant permits to work in the UK and security clearances.