IT Support Engineer - Wellingborough
IT Support Engineer - Wellingborough- £28k - £33K
Clemence Rogers is working in partnership to recruit an IT Support Engineer based in Wellingborough.
* Install, configure, troubleshoot, support and maintain ICT equipment, e.g. PCs, Servers, Smart Phones, Routers, Switches, Printers, Copiers and Fax machines.
* Install and upgrade application software and databases onto PCs and Servers, working closely with suppliers where necessary.
* Provide support for business applications, troubleshooting software and hardware problems and liaising with suppliers where necessary.
* Provide advanced support for Microsoft Windows and Office.
* Maintain and develop the Active Directory, including Group Policies.
* Maintain and support the Email, Web browsing security, Anti-Virus systems and Windows Update Service.
* Monitor the server Event Logs and report/resolve problems where necessary.
* Ensure backups are performed and any problems are dealt with immediately.
* Maintain the call logging system for all support jobs.
* Maintain the inventory register of all equipment.
* Support the LAN and WAN (MPLS & Non-MPLS) network infrastructure.
* Maintain the Telephone Lines, Telephone systems, Mobiles and Smart Phones.
* Able and willing to travel between sites as required.
* Demonstrate strong commitment to the role and the organisation.
* Flexible in regard to the needs of the business.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as necessitated by your function.
Essential Key Skills:
* Advanced networking experience with Active Directory, Windows 2000/2003 Server, Exchange 2000/2003, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP.
* Experience in network printing environments.
* Hardware troubleshooting and repair.
* Confident to use initiative to solve problems.
* At least one Windows MCP qualification.
* Must hold valid UK driving licence