Service Desk Analyst - Birmingham - Permanent
Service Desk Analyst - Birmingham
Sterling Recruitment Solutions is looking for a Service Desk Analyst, to join a world leading logistics company in Birmingham.
As a Service Desk Analyst, your role will be to primarily provide first line technical support on IT, Communications and Freight related systems, ensuring processes and procedures are followed correctly. The department works in an ITIL based service desk environment answering calls, fixing and escalating faults for on-site and remote users. Responsibilities will include troubleshooting issues through to resolution, configuring devices, installing new software and monitoring / maintaining existing systems.
As a Service Desk Analyst for our client, the ideal candidate will need to have the following skills:
- Windows XP/7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange 2010 administration
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 including Outlook setup and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and experience with DHCP, DNS and VPN's.
- Maintain and create new and existing Wiki based articles
- Experience of working in a front-line technical IT support environment.
- Proven experience managing day to day work load, knowing how to prioritise and the ability to work self-sufficiently.
- Set up and support of mobile devices e.g. phones / tablets using iOS, Andriod, Windows
- Supporting and managing printers and scanners.
- Have experience of working to Service Level Agreements.
- Have a professional, flexible and personable approach to user / customer relations.
- Be comfortable communicating at all levels including board level.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience and a hunger for success to join a stable and innovative company that has experienced record growth, year on year. You will play an integral role in the day to day running and overall success of the company; helping them achieve their business goals.
This is a full time, permanent position between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday and the company is looking to pay a salary of £18,000 - £21,000.
This is a demanding role in a busy environment, if this looks like the ideal position for you, then please submit your application ASAP.