CNC Programmer/Setter Milling
New opportunity not to be missed! WEC GroupLtd, established for over 35 years and now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning engineering, fabrication and machining companies, requires an experienced and gifted CNC Programmer/Setter Milling for their purpose built facility at the Darwen site. We are offering an excellent salary of £18.50 per hour for 40 hrs and 8 hours at £27.75, plus nightly allowance of £30.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and capable CNC Programmer/Setter Milling, who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering firm.
Responsibilities of our CNC Programmer/Setter Milling:
Working within a predominantly low batch machining cell this role is to program, set and operate Heidenhain controls on a CNC Correa machine.
Due to the type of work, working in the WEC Large Machining department, frequent and efficient setups are required. There is also a need to be involved in the inspection process for 1st off checks and in process checks.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manger you will have a high attention to detail, this role will require an engineer from an environment of high tolerance, low batch work.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience required to become our CNC Programmer/Setter Milling:
- Ability to program Heidenhain machines
- Highest standards of H&S and Quality is essential
- Ability to interpret detailed engineering drawings and deliver conforming parts
- Working with various materials including exotic grade alloys
- A detailed understanding of engineering drawing, tooling selection, work holding & cutting strategy is essential
- A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate and support a successful team
- Offline programming experience using FeatureCAM is desirable but not essential
CNC Programmer/Setter Milling Working Hours: Mon – Thu 12 hour night shift, hours negotiable
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our next CNC Programmer/Setter Milling please click ‘Apply’ now!