CHP Service Engineer
CHP Service Engineer
Salary: Competitive (OTE £40k)
About the company:
The UK’s leading Technical Experts in Standby Power, Uninterruptible Power Supplies and Combined Heat and Power Systems.
A thriving business, with 30 years in the standby power and energy efficiency markets, shentongroup Supply, install, hire and maintain critical power systems and associated equipment, such as generators, UPS systems, switchgear and CHP (Combined Heat and Power). We have a strong family management structure, and high standards of performance and ethics. We have a mature financial position. We trade from multiple locations around the UK, and you would be part of a team of circa 70 staff.
Your position would be within the service department, reporting to the CHP Service Operations Manager
The role of the CHP Service Engineer:
Travelling all-round the UK, using your engineering and computer skills to carry out routine servicing work on a range of CHP’s in the range of 30kW – 400kW. This will be a mixture of scheduled service work and reactive work where you would be the first-responder to a breakdown on site. This part of the role requires you to be van based, and willing to operate all over the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands. High mileage can be expected, and at times overnight stops will be necessary.
Requirements of the CHP Service Engineer:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a CHP service engineer, or similar role.
- Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations, and associated BMS controls
- Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems
- Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap.
- IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel and Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite.
- Ability to work with complex equipment such as flue gas analysers, digital water flow and temperature profiling devices.
- Gas Safe qualification
- IT/Broadband Network knowledge
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
- IEE 17th Edition Qualified
- CSCS card
- Experience with building services plant such as boilers, HVAC, BMS
- Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet
- Already own electrical and mechanical tool kit
CHP Service Engineer Benefits:
- 25 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme
- Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme
- Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling that may be needed
- Company Vehicle, Company Phone and Laptop.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this CHP Service Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!