Senior Accountant - Head of Operations
Do you want to work from home? Are you able to travel to Warrington occasionally?
Our client are a new property specialist accountancy firm.
Initially with a small team of direct reports, we have ambitious growth plans and your contribution will be critical to the success and speed of this.What you'll be doing
- Managing the team to hit their delivery targets (as well as hitting your own individual targets and managing clients).
- Managing the workflow to ensure we have enough resources to complete the work when it falls due.
- Maximising Gross Recurring Fees through exceptional service and first-rate complaint handling.
- Recruitment, training, development and support of team members.
- Driving best practice and ensuring that everything we do is systemised and documented.
- Ensuring that all work is of a high technical quality.
You have proven people skills and are passionate about managing people and leading a team.
You are an ACA or ACCA qualified accountant, with experience in a practice environment and expert knowledge on accountancy and tax service to individuals and small businesses.
You are proactive and self-motivated, able to act and make decisions with little day-to-day guidance.
You are technically strong, able to do your own work and help others in the team.
You're comfortable with new technology, and highly systems and process oriented with a positive "can do" attitude. You are continually on the lookout for ways to improve.
You are brilliant at managing clients.
You are steady, disciplined and focussed in order to hit delivery targets every week.