Regulatory Reporting Senior, Corporate Team
Are you currently in an accounting outsourcing team and wanting to gain exposure to regulatory returns within a top 25 accounting practice? If yes, this role will be a perfect fit for you!
We are currently recruiting for a candidate with accounts/outsourcing experience to join a top 25 accounting practice within their corporate team, focused on completing regulatory returns to the FCA on behalf of their clients.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To facilitate the preparation of periodic returns for a range of FCA regulated clients in the financial services sector.
- To carry out all work, in compliance with the firm's and statutory procedures. This to include planning, execution and completion and to produce client-ready product.
- To understand the technical rules and regulations and apply these to the FCA reporting requirements of a range of FCA regulated firms.
- To prepare underlying calculations to support regulatory returns from internally and externally produced accounting information.
- To provide general accounting and professional services and assistance to clients in the preparation of regulatory returns, for example monitoring capital adequacy from underlying accounting information.
- To recommend improvements to the clients' systems and controls and assist clients whenever needed.
- To complete ad hoc advisory services to the firm's financial services sector clients as the need arises, including preparation of financial forecasts.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- A levels, or equivalent
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA, or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of UK accounting standards
- Experience of preparing statutory and/or management accounts including cash-flows and financial forecasting
- Able to delegate; able to review a file and junior team members' work; able to act as a first point of contact with client
- MS Office, Word, Outlook and Excel (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Recognised accounts packages such as Sage, Quickbooks, other accounting packages
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of FCA regulations and CASS
If this is of interest, please apply immediately!