Our client one of the worlds largest marketing companies are seeking a Finalist / Newley Qualified Finance Manager to join their team. This role requires a certain understanding of each client contract and active management of that contract to ensure all client charges are properly raised and the Agency avoids unnecessary write offs.
The candidate is part of a team responsible for maintaining the full financial integrity of the accounting ledgers within the Agency so needs to be flexible and may get involved in any aspect of finance.
The individual would be part of a large team of 18, servicing 8 agencies. This particular role would report directly to the FC/FD and work with other UK Group FM’s and a team of Management Accountants, WIP team, 2 Financial Analysts and a Finance Assistant.
The ideal candidate would have experience within the advertising/media sector, be studying for CIMA/ACCA and be able to articulate financial information clearly to non-financial individuals. This is a large Group with over 400 employees and there is plenty of scope for the role and individual to develop.
- Revenue Recognition, accruals and deferrals on a monthly basis
- Yearly Budgeting & Monthly Forecasts for Management
- Meetings with Business Directors - Revenue updates, Forecasting & Budgets to present to the FC/FD
- Overall responsible for Balance Sheet meetings and follow ups (monthly) with assistance from MA team
- Client Fees/Project Costings as requested by Business Directors and reviewed with the FC/FD
- Ensure Contract Summaries are updated and available to all account management teams
- Enhancing the quality of financial and management information available
- Work with the Financial analysts (x 2) and FC/FD to produce a monthly Client Profitability Report (CPR), including a monthly dashboard at project level for review with company management.
- Weekly WIP Reviews (3 out of 4 weeks) on all accounts and billable house jobs working with the WIP team.
- Monthly WIP overview meeting with the FC - presenting Aging Statistics on WIP and reviewing potential issues/risks to the business.
- Monthly Receivables review with Credit Control and WIP Managers, resolution and direction to ensure funds are collected and receivables remain below the pre-set annual targets
- Prepare and/or review Journals - Cost reallocation, Income transfers, WIP transfers etc
- Ad Hoc requests from Business Directors, Accounts teams, New Business, Planning, PR/Marketing, HR or Finance Director