A large specialist insurance company have an exciting opportunity to join their finance team as an Accounts Assistant on an initial 12 month FTC although there is a possibility of this becoming as permanent role dependant on the business needs after the initial 12 months. They are looking for someone who is very professional and has ideally previously worked in a professional services environment.
The duties of the Accounts Assistant role will include:
- Prepare journal entries
- Sales ledger / purchase ledger / nominal ledger
- Administer payments and receipts
- Liaise with underwriting and claims teams in respect of insurance balances, receivable and payable.
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare analysis of financial data
- Assist with month end, quarter end and year duties and reports
- Reconcile designated balance sheet accounts
- Assisting with the monthly closing process and relevant analysis
- Assist with preparation of IPT and VAT returns
This role is suited to an ambitious individual with at least 3 years accounts assistant experience, who is looking for the next step in their career and looking for more exposure to the analytical aspects of a role. It is essential for this role that you have a good knowledge of double entry bookkeeping, are proficient in accounting software such as SAP and Excel, some familiarity with applicable laws, codes and regulations regarding finance, insurance and taxation and awareness of financial principals and financial reporting.
The ideal accounts assistant for this position will have a particularly good eye for detail and accuracy, have excellent communication skills, have the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
The role is offering an attractive salary of up to £26,000 along with a very generous benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance, private medical insurance, lunch allowance and season ticket loan.
For more information please contact Kathryn Ali at Cameron James Professional Recruitment.